E-mail MeSherry Graybehl D'Antony
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in all facets of family law from commencement of the action to trial. Her areas of practice include, but are not limited to: child custody, guardianship, child and spousal support, property division, domestic violence, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic partnership, and same-sex marriage dissolution.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in the area of management law. She represents both employers and employees in all forms of employment disputes, including but not limited to: advising employers on Pregnancy Disability Leave (“PDL”) Law, the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), Kin Care Leave, California Family Rights Act (“CFRA”); issues of exempt and non-exempt status and the duties and liabilities associated therewith; representing employers in administrative hearings before the California Labor Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”), Employment Development Department (“EDD”), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”); preparation of Employee Handbooks; performing investigations of sexual harassment claims; advising companies on Human Resource issues and how to avoid litigation; and lawsuits involving discrimination based upon disability, age, gender, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage claims and associated torts.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in mediation and collaborative law which resolves matters short of court intervention. This method maintains the parties' privacy and minimizes the conflict between the parties. This is an effective alternative to the highly contested litigation involved in the adversarial process.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony has a broad range of trial experience ranging from short cause matters to multiple week trials.
Her Family Law litigation experience includes, but is not limited to: custody, visitation, move-away, child support, spousal support, property division (including issues dealing with evaluating businesses and real property), domestic violence, restraining orders, and custody issues for same-sex couples.
Examples of Ms. Graybehl D’Antony’s verdicts and awards obtained in Employment and Civil Litigation:In a 1995 jury trial, Ms. Graybehl D'Antony obtained a $360,000 damages award for a client bringing a battery case against her ex-husband who infected her with a sexually transmitted disease. Ms. Graybehl D'Antony successfully overcame the ex-husband's invasion of privacy defense to obtain this victory for her client.In 1998, Ms. Graybehl D'Antony was granted three nonsuits in favor of her client, ITT Cannon, in three different wrongful termination cases.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony completed over 14 marathons and 4 half marathons.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- Child Custody
- Child and Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Domestic Partnership Issues
Certified Legal Specialties
- California Certified Family Law Specialist, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- John F. Kennedy University School of Law, Pleasant Hill, California
- J.D. - 1988
- John F. Kennedy University, North Carolina
- Major: Business Administration
- Employment and Labor Law for the General Practitioner in California, Lorman Education Services, 2000
- "Sexual Harassment", Irvine Swim League
- "Employment Labor Law", Lorman Education Services, 2000
- "Sexual Harassment", Riverside School District
- "Prevention of Violence in the Work Place", McGraw-Hill
- "Domestic Violence", Orange County Bar Association and Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County's 11th Annual Mexico Seminar, 1996
- "Employment Matters", Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce
- "Sexual Harassment", Ferguson, Metzner & Company
- "Pregnancy Disability", Orange County Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators
- “Collaborative Law”, KUCI/Privacy Piracy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Board Member
- Board for Lex Romana (Italian Lawyers Group), President, 2011 - 2012
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions for Orange County, Member, 2008 - Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Firm of D'Antony, Doyle & Moore, Partner
- Law Firm of Ferruzzo & Ferruzzo
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Green Star Charity through Koll Co.
- Chairperson, Laura's House Golf Tournament, 1997