Sherry Graybehl D'Antony
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Family Law: experienced in all facets of family law, including but not limited to child custody, child and spousal support, property division, domestic violence, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic partnership issues from commencement of the action through trial.
Employment Law: Practice in the area of management law representing employers in all forms of employment disputes, including but not limited to: advising employers on Pregnancy Disability Leave, Family Medical Leave, California Family Rights Act; issues of exempt and no-exempt employees; and the duties and liabilities associated therewith; representing employers in administrative hearings before the California Labor Commission; Employment Development Department (DFEH); preparation of Employee Handbooks; performing investigations on behalf of employers on claims of sexual harassment; advising small companies on Human Resource issues; handled lawsuits involving discrimination based upon disability, age, gender, sexual harassment; wrongful discharge, wage claims and associated torts.
Family Law: Experienced in mediation and collaborative law which resolves matters short of court intervention. This method maintains the parties' privacy and minimizes the conflict between the parties. This is an effective alternative to the highly contested litigation involved in the adversarial process.
Broad range of trial experience ranging in short cause matters through several days of trial. Litigation issues include, but are not limited to the following: custody, visitation, move away cases, child support, spousal support, property division, including but not limited to issue regarding evaluating businesses and real property. Domestic violence, restraining orders, and same sex custody issues.
WORK EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL HISTORY
Ms. Graybehl D'Antony has been practicing law since 1989. Prior to joining the law firm of BOHM, MATSEN, KEGEL & AGUILERA, LLP., Ms. D'Antony was a partner at the law firm of D'Antony, Doyle & Moore; prior to that Ms. Graybehl D'Antony worked for nine and a half years for the law firm of Ferruzzo & Ferruzzo, handling all of their family law matters, as well as employment law matters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- Child Custody
- Child and Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Domestic Partnership Issues
Certified Legal Specialties
- California Certified Family Law Specialist, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- John F. Kennedy University School of Law, Pleasant Hill, California
- J.D. - 1988
- John F. Kennedy University, North Carolina
- Major: Business Administration
- Employment and Labor Law for the General Practitioner in California, Lorman Education Services, 2000
- "Sexual Harassment", Irvine Swim League
- "Employment Labor Law", Lorman Education Services, 2000
- "Sexual Harassment", Riverside School District
- "Prevention of Violence in the Work Place", McGraw-Hill
- "Domestic Violence", Orange County Bar Association and Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County's 11th Annual Mexico Seminar, 1996
- "Employment Matters", Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce
- "Sexual Harassment", Ferguson, Metzner & Company
- "Pregnancy Disability", Orange County Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Judge Pro Tem in Los Angeles for Family Law
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Board Member
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Director of South, 2005 - 2007
- Board for Lex Romana (Italian Lawyers Group), Member, 2006 - Present
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions for Orange County, Member, 2008 - Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Firm of D'Antony, Doyle & Moore, Partner
- Law Firm of Ferruzzo & Ferruzzo
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Green Star Charity through Koll Co.
- Chair, Laura's House Golf Tournament, 1997