Anxiety Disorder Disability Claims
More than 40 million Americans suffer from anxiety disorders according to a recent report by the National Institute of Mental Health. While many people with anxiety disorders respond favorably to treatment and/or medication, there are others who find their conditions to be very disabling.
People who suffer from frequent or severe anxiety may find it difficult to maintain gainful employment. Factors that may make it difficult for such individuals to work include:
- Difficulty traveling to and from work, especially if an individual is unable to drive due to anxiety
- Slurred speech or drowsiness resulting from prescribed medications
- High blood pressure or heart problems resulting from anxiety
- Inability to cope with the demands of a hectic and often stressful work environment
- Prejudice by employers who are unwilling to hire workers who suffer from anxiety
- Difficulty from other mental health issues; people with anxiety may also suffer from depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental health challenges.
Has Your Claim for Social Security Disability Benefits Been Denied?
If you are unable to work due to anxiety, you may have applied for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. If your claim was denied, do not give up hope. Most initial applications are denied, but people who keep fighting often obtain benefits, especially if they have an experienced SSDI lawyer.
At Bohm Kalish, APC, we can provide the skilled and knowledgeable representation you require. Our attorneys have represented thousands of clients in SSDI and SSI claims. We have a strong record of results. We are pleased to help with your initial application or handle your appeal if your claim has already been denied. Do not delay, you have a limited time to appeal if your claim has been denied.
Contact Our Orange County Anxiety Disorder Disability Lawyers
We serve clients in California and throughout the nation. To schedule your free consultation, call 866-712-8289 or contact us by e-mail. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment evenings and weekends.